Getting Started Raspberry Pi PICO project in RT-Thread MicroPython IDE.
RT-Thread is an open-source embedded real-time operating system (RTOS) that provides a wide range of components and 290+ software packages for the Internet of Things (IoT). RT-Thread MicroPython IDE is built by the RT-Thread team to provide a powerful development environment for MicroPython developers.
What makes RT-Thread MicroPython special?
- A convenient connection mode of development board (serial port, network, USB)
- Support MicroPython-based code intelligent completion and syntax check
- Support MicroPython REPL interactive environment
- Provides many code samples and demo program
- Support full project synchronization function
- Support to download files or folders to the development board
- Supports fast running code files in memory
- Supports code snippets to run functions
- Supports several major MicroPython development boards
- Support Windows and Ubuntu operating systems
Take a quick look at the introduction of RT-Thread MicroPython IDE
Create Raspberry Pi PICO project in RT-Thread MicroPython IDE
- Download and install RT-Thread Micropython IDE:
2. Create a MicroPython project:
3. Create a New MicroPython project:
4. Create a blank MicroPython Project:
5. Enter the project name:
6. Select the path to save the project:
7. Project successfully created.
8. Connect to the device:
9. Choose Pico Com Port:
10. Run the python file on PICO board:
11. You can also right-click to get it run:
12. Here you can obtain more MicroPython samples:
Check out the Tutorial Video
In The End
Any questions during the development, feel free to reach us at RT-Thread Club.
You are also very welcome to contribute any of your knowledge to the RT-Thread OpenSource Community. Let opensource project benefits more people!
RT-Thread Contact Info: